I cannot believe it. In just one month of blogging, I have been nominated three times for a Liebster Award! Let me just say, I am excited, grateful, and so touched that you guys like my blog enough to nominate me several times for this award. I think that the Liebster Award tag is a great way for newer bloggers to establish themselves and gain more followers, and I also think the Liebster Award tag is important because it creates a sense of community among all us bloggers. So, I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to Lizzie Lee from http://lizzieleee.wordpress.com/ and Abby from http://hundredacreblog.wordpress.com/! Please go check out their blogs. They are both genuine, amusing, and helpful bloggers, so go share the love! One thing I want to say: I know I have been nominated for this award before, but I think it would be rude not to acknowledge the bloggers who kindly nominated me, and also doing it again is a great chance for me to nominate eleven more deserving bloggers and help them out!
A few quick rules you must follow to participate:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself–they can be anything!
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
Now, because they both nominated me, I’m going to answer some of both sets of questions! From Lizzie Lee:
1. Is this your first foray into the world of blogging? Yes, it is. I’m not a very tech-savvy person, but I’ve wanted to have my own blog for years. I had no idea it would be so much fun to have a blog, and learning a little bit of computer code is always cool.
2. Do you have any pets? Oh yes! I have two little kittens named Ather and Bella. They are mischievous best friends and sisters, and I can always count on them to jump onto the kitchen table and steal my pancakes, then look up at me with their adorable kitten eyes…who in the world could get angry with such cute faces? I also have a dog named Toby and a turtle named Parlay. I love animals.
3. What’s your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality type? Great question. I actually just took the MBTI test, and I’m an INFJ, which is the rarest personality type, shared by only 1-3% of the whole population. It means I am introverted, intuitive, and creative, but with a keen sense of justice and a desire to improve the world; also, that I’m a radical loner who can be moody at times. Some famous INFJ’s are Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. How extensively do you research something before buying it? How large or small of a role does branding and packaging play in your decision to purchase a product? Oh gosh…before I buy anything, I go online and read as many reviews as I can find, and that’s saved me a lot of money in the long run. I think my obsession with reading other peoples’ reviews led to my wanting to start a blog…as far as packaging goes, I’m usually not a sucker for packaging. I would prefer a quality product over cutesy packaging, and the only time I’ve ever been a big fan of packaging was with Forever 21’s new line–for some reason, I just love their minimalist-chic black boxes and tubes!
5. Do you prefer neutrals or bright colors? Honeys, I am NOT a neutral person. I always gravitate towards the brightest colors; I love taking fashion risks with neon tights and pop art dresses. I think everyone should stray away from basic browns and grays and try to work some color into their lives. The only neutral color I wear is black, and then I like to do black monochrome outfits: a throwback to my goth/emo days, I guess!
And now, my questions from Abby:
6. Where are you from? Originally, I’m from Charleston, SC, the land of marshes and mosquitoes!
7. Which is your favorite season? It’s a tie between spring and fall, of course. I love the flowers and clean air of spring, and the golden-amber leaves and bonfires of fall.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would love to go to England, France, Germany, India, New Zealand, and Japan…it would be hard to pick one! I’ll go with England or Japan, because I love English and Japanese history the most.
9. Favorite brand of makeup? From the drugstores, I love NYX and Revlon. From high-end brands, I love Kat Von D, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, and Nars.
10. Do you play an instrument? I play guitar, electric and acoustic. As John Lennon would say, “And sometimes I play the fool.”
11. What is your favorite quote? One of my favorites is “We are the masters of our unspoken words, and the slave to words which should have remained unspoken.” Think before you speak!
I’m not going to do the eleven random facts, just because I did them so recently and don’t want to seem like a blog-attention-hog.
Now, my new questions for my nominees:
1. How many languages do you speak?
2. Do you have any piercings or tattoos?
3. If you could meet an historical figure, who would it be and why?
4. Who is your style inspiration?
5. Favorite TV show?
6. Girl crush?
7. Number one beauty product?
8. What are some of your other interests?
9. Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor?
10. Best book you’ve ever read?
11. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
And for honorable mention…Even though she has more than 200 followers, I wanted to tag
http://momerrellsays.wordpress.com as well, because I love her blog and I wanted her to know it!