I am thrilled and grateful to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by http://beautysins.net! I was not expecting this at all, but I was so touched that Ncy from Beauty Sins liked my blog enough to nominate me. Thank you so much, Beauty Sins! Her blog is awesome, by the way. Go check her out!
The purpose of the Liebster Award is to promote blogs that have less than 200 followers and generate attention towards them, but it’s also really important to me because it gives my followers a chance to get to know me. Also, I get to nominate other deserving blogs and share the love.
There are a few easy rules you must follow to participate:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself–they can be anything!
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
My questions from http://beautysins.net:
1. Why did you start your blog? I started this blog because I’m a makeup junkie who has way too many cosmetics for her own good, and I wanted to share my discoveries with other bloggers. I used to be a total tomboy, but when I was 16, I started wearing makeup, and I had no idea how to apply it or how to pick out colors. So I started spending hours on beauty blogs picking up tips and learning how makeup can really affect someone’s confidence. Eventually, I realized that I wanted to start my own blog.
2. What’s your favorite extracurricular activity? Oh dear…as a busy college student, I don’t have much time for extracurriculars! I love reading, writing, researching Anne Boleyn, cooking, playing guitar, and playing with my two kittens.
3. Favorite Magazine? I’d have to say Glamour, although I love the beauty tips in Essence as well.
4. Favorite food? Homemade mushroom quesadillas with green onions and gouda cheese! So good.
5. Guilty pleasure? Watching The Tudors when I should be writing essays. Or buying yet another tube of lipstick.
6. Favorite makeup line? I’m one of those people who has a hard time choosing favorites. But Revlon is definitely one of my favorite lines. I love their huge lipstick collections, I love their pale foundations, and I love their sadly discontinued Grow Luscious Eyeliner!
7. What’s your dream profession? Most of all, I want to be a writer, but I’d also love to be a fashion designer, photographer, makeup artist, or musician.
8. Favorite TV show? The Wire is hands down my favorite TV show.
9. Must have beauty products? Lipstick, eyeliner, oil blotting sheets, and perfume. Also, everyone needs to check out Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Always Red, and invest in some Atelier Vanilla Incense cologne. Two of my staples that always make me feel attractive.
10. Favorite trend? I’m a big fan of (fake) leather, studded boots, and plaid, like a punky/grungey look that’s still glam. Bodycon dresses and beanies too.
11. Favorite place? Curled up with my boyfriend…or barhopping in downtown Greenville.
Eleven Random Facts About me:
1. I’m a Libra
2. I love the colors lime green and teal.
3. Some of my favorite bands are u2, Korn, Smashing Pumpkins, System of a Down, Rammstein, and My Chemical Romance.
4. I’m actually really shy and quiet and I hate being the center of attention.
5. Some of my favorite books are Lolita, Wind From the Carolinas, the Darkangel trilogy, Frankenstein, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and anything to do with Henry VIII and his wives.
6. I make really good Thai Seafood Soup.
7. I love turtles and frogs.
8. I’m saving up for an Ibanez electric guitar.
9. I like horseback riding and archery.
10. Agyness Deyn, Ruby Rose, and Rooney Mara are my style icons.
11. My favorite movie is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
My questions for the bloggers I’ve nominated:
1. What made you want to start a blog?
2. Favorite lipstick?
3. Favorite perfume?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. If you could see any musician in concert, who would it be?
6. Do you like reading? If so, what’s your favorite book? If not, what do you like to do instead?
7. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
8. Favorite movie?
9. Favorite trend?
10. What is your favorite makeup line?
11. Dream job?
My nominations are:
Congrats you guys! If I nominated you and you either have this award or already have 200 followers, then I’m sorry, I just didn’t know.